Gasp! Vintage Native American Navajo Turquoise Sterling Silver Coin Squash Blossom Necklace
The Navajo turquoise silver squash blossom necklace is a beautiful and culturally significant piece of Native American jewelry. Let's break down the components of this necklace:
. Sterling silver. Cir. 1950's+ . The length of the necklace measures around 28". Sturdy 88 grams. 1. Navajo: The Navajo people are a Native American tribe located primarily in the southwestern United States, particularly in Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah. They are renowned for their exceptional craftsmanship in jewelry-making and are known for creating intricate and stunning pieces using various materials.
2. Turquoise: Turquoise is a blue-green mineral that has been valued for its beauty and spiritual significance for thousands of years. It has a long history of use in Native American jewelry, including by the Navajo. The blue color of turquoise represents the sky and water, making it an essential part of Navajo jewelry symbolism.
3. Silver: Silver is the metal often used by Navajo artisans to craft their jewelry. It is a durable and malleable metal that can be shaped into intricate designs, making it ideal for creating the detailed work often seen in squash blossom necklaces.
4. Squash Blossom Necklace: The squash blossom necklace is a traditional piece of Navajo jewelry that features a crescent-shaped pendant (the "Naja") and multiple "blossoms" along a beaded necklace. The design is believed to have been inspired by Spanish-Moorish horse tack that the Navajo encountered in the 1800s. The crescent-shaped pendant at the center is usually adorned with turquoise or other gemstones, while the blossoms on the necklace may also contain gemstones or intricate silverwork.
The Navajo turquoise silver squash blossom necklace holds cultural and artistic significance and is considered a timeless and cherished accessory. These necklaces are not only visually stunning but also symbolize the rich history and craftsmanship of the Navajo people. They are sought-after collectors' items and treasured heirlooms passed down through generations
Make Us an Offer- Due to the high demand of our items, many pieces sell quite fast. The most frequent email we receive are from buyers who waited too long to make us an offer and suddenly lost out because another buyer came in and purchased. Send us your reasonable offer today, we are flexible and you have nothing to lose! Ahéhee' (Thank you)
How Layaway Works:
Layaway programs we offer that you can choose from when you pay for the item:
- Shop Pay Installments (Usually 4 payments)
- Affirm (Up to 12 payments)
-Klarna (Usually 4 payments)
How Does Layaway Work with Making an Offer?
If your offer is accepted you will receive an email invoice from us and will be able to choose your layaway program when you pay the invoice. If for some reason you cannot get approved for any of the programs simply let us know and we will cancel out the invoice. You have nothing to lose and the most beautiful art to gain! :)
Recent Store Reviews (Other item Purchases)
I love it! Responded to my offer fast - Lois M
Excellent product absolutely gorgeous! I follow this seller due to the jewelry is one of a kind and classy!! Ships super fast and will negotiate with you. - Douglas C
Even nicer than expected, authentic...love it & NA - Robin S
Beautiful, great service, happy with everything as always!! - Rosalind C